Worst Battle: What I Know vs What I Feel


The first time we met, he asked me what I like to do in my spare time. I said I’m an Internet junkie so most of the time I’m glued on my pc or my iPhone surfing the net. He nodded and seemed to encourage me to talk more. I told him I like photography too. No specific genre. There are days I like to take portraits. There are days I shoot landscape and so on and so forth. While talking, he noticed my hands were as animated as my facial expression.

He then asked me how my previous job in Finance and Accounting was. I said it was stifling me alive and I don’t know why. It was as if I was put in a match box and I can’t move my shoulders freely. He laughed out loud. I told him I was happy working there but something felt wrong and I was often feeling frustrated for no reason. He asked why I studied accounting? I told him taking accounting in college was the only thing I think that would give me a good job in the future. He nodded again. He said that is how Asian tends to think about their career and that I shouldn’t feel too bad about it.

I opened up more and talked about school. I admitted that I HATED school. I struggled to catch up in class and because of that; I skipped school so much so that my attendance was only 30% a year! Instead of scolding me, he laughed and said, “But I bet you excel in your study” and I said, yes! How did he know? When I’m left at my own device and study on my own, it was 10 times easy and I surprised my teachers when I passed my SPM with flying colors.

I smiled. I told him how easy it was talking to him. He grasped easily what I wanted to convey without having to explain further. I said maybe because I’ve ADD and ADD people are always misunderstood because their brain moves from one topic to another in a mere second and people find it too odd to handle. He patted my back and said, “It may or may not be ADD, Balqiz. But I’m sure as hell that it’s easy for me to understand you is because, you are a RIGHT BRAIN person”

Whatufa…?

Fact 1:

Right brains don't explain what they feel well and are misunderstood. They think of one thing, say another because their brain has already moved on to another thought. Unfortunately, their mouth is still moving. Rights often don't realize they have done so. The result is that they don't realize what they said and may even deny saying it or argue they said something else. Because they know what they "intended" to say, they are confused when individuals state otherwise. –Suite101.com

Fact 2:

Right-brain students are the dreamers. They can be very intelligent and very deep thinkers—so much so that they can get lost in their own little worlds. They make great students of the social sciences and the arts. They are more spontaneous than the cautious left-brainers, and they are likely to follow their own gut feelings. Right brainers are very intuitive and have great skill when it comes to seeing through lies or tricks. They would make great Survivor contestants. –About.com


Fact 3:

Right-brain dominant people have difficulty comprehending logical subjects like mathematics and need different methods of learning than left-brain dominant individuals. Right-brain people prefer to learn by direct experience and learn information in chunks. Visual charts, hands-on training and listening to background noise while studying, like music or television, help right-brain individuals to comprehend material better. –eHow.com

Fact 4:

Their speaking voice may have a singing quality and their faces may be quite animated when talking. They often use their hands when they speak and may have difficulty speaking if they are not allowed to use their hands.-Suit101.com

Fact 5:

Right brain people are good at fixing mechanical things and are better at geometry than algebra. They excel in the physical areas and sports that take balance and hand to eye coordination like skating, windsurfing and juggling. Drawing, painting, making movies, in great depth (all with many images and in great visual depth as opposed to auditory depth), playing games like dungeons and dragons and figuring out jig-saw puzzles, all fall into the realm of the right brain. –hubpages.com

Fact 6:

Right brains embrace new ideas. They are future thinkers and enjoy introducing controversial ideas. They believe that everything is possible, tend to be very creative, and don't see the pitfalls along the way. They leave those little details to the lefts.-Suit101.com


Thank you, Sir. You opened up a new world for me. A revelation of everything that has been a big question mark to me.

A right brain huh? Who knew?


 

Photobucket

0 Comments:

 

Copyright © Balqiz 2012 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.