I Made Kuih Keria


Whaaaaaaa?

I know, right?

Me, baking is like hearing a monkey say, “Hey ya cuzz!” (in Burt Reynolds’s voice)

I’ve always wanted to eat this ‘kuih’ and been looking around whenever I go to Miri’s night market. Unfortunately, it’s almost like the cake has gone extinct or something.

I remember my step-mom always cooked this cake for my dad and just picturing it hot and sticky with sugar just send me into a salivating frenzy.

So I decided to bake/cook myself instead. How hard could it be right? ROOOOOOOOITE!

(WARNING! DO NOT FOLLOW MY RECIPE TO THE DOT BECAUSE I ADD THE INGREDIENTS BASED ON MY OWN ESTIMATION SO THERE’S NO EXACT AMOUNT/MEASUREMENT TO IT)

Ingredients: 

1 kg sweet potato
Some handful of flour
A cup or two of icing sugar
A little bit of water

TOLD YA!!!! (Insert maniacal laughter)

Boil those sweet ass potatoes and mash it once it’s soft. Add some flour and mould it into a donut shape.


Moldy keria

Then fry it in hot oil until golden in color. Put it aside once done.




Time to do the glazing! 

Toss those sugars into a pot and add a little bit of water. 

Let it boil. Then dip in the fried ‘keria’ into the boiled sugar. 

Take it out once you FEEL like it’s coated evenly. 

Then... THEN YOU EAT IT! 

IT’S YUMMY TRUST ME!!!!!



But it was sure a messy cake to make...



I usually prefer it with ‘gula melaka’ (no idea what’s gula Melaka in English so just imagine a very sweet coconut flavoured syrup. Yeah. That’ll do. Snort) 

But I couldn’t find it anywhere yesterday so I just make do with sugar instead. 

The mister’s verdict: “Maybe next time it’ll turn out much better... But it’s still nice!” 

Thank you, love. You send warmth down to the cockle of my heart... NO MORE NEXT TIME! *nangis* (cry)


Ciao!

0 Comments:

 

Copyright © Balqiz 2012 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.