Resolutions 2011


10 days after New Year celebration and only now that I’ve the time to jot down what I plan to do this year.

Actually it took me almost 10 days to come up with 3 perfect resolutions that I know I will be able to follow through.

My resolutions should be realistic (purchasing a real live breathing and flying dragon is so NOT realistic, me!), within my power (you can’t grow your own sideburn no matter how badly you want it, me!) and it must be achievable.

Therefore, after many hours and days pondering about it I came up with my 3 resolutions this year:

1. Start saving more money and spend wisely and carefully.

   • Clear all my credit card debts (insert monkey shriek)

   • No more impulsive purchase of books and gadgets (PLEASE READ ALL THOSE 14 BOOKS YOU BOUGHT LAST YEAR THAT YOU HAVEN’T READ YET! IT’S COLLECTING DUST AND IT’S BLOODY WASTE OF MONEY TO LET IT ROT ON THE SHELVE!)

  • Ask myself, “Do I need this?” and “Do I love it?” each and every time before buying something so I will appreciate it more. Yes, yes, EVEN when buying one piece of bobby pin.


2. Start an exercise regime

  • Walk around my housing area for one hour (at least!) with the Mister 3 times a week then slowly increase it to every afternoon.


3. Cook at home more and eat out less

  • I REALLY need to start cooking home cook meal from now on. Eating out is so not healthy and not cost effective at all.

  • Try out new recipes and get the Mister to be the guinea pig. If he finish his portion fast means he like it. If he takes his sweet time eating, time to change husband menu. Instead of buying recipe books, stalk online recipe like a ravenous vulture.


Initially I wanted to put “travel more than last year” but after discussing with the Mister, we decided its better we start investing our money first and later when the cash flow comes in, only then we’ll enjoy it by going places we want to go. We see no point of traveling when:

1) You use credit cards to purchase tickets and accommodations (adding more debts)

2) Go on a budget travel (by staying at a flea infested inn) coz not enough money to lavish yourself silly

3) Come home from traveling -broke.

What’s the fun in that?

I admit I love living the good life and pampering myself by living and traveling lavishly. But unlike some people (I know there are A LOT out there), I’m more than happy to spend my own money rather than relying on my parents/husband to finance my expenditure. I was told once by a wise woman that, “Easy ride does not mean easy life for life”

It feels more significant and meaningful to use my own money to go places or buy things. That’s just me. To each his own, I say.


“I want the good life but I don’t want an easy ride. What I want is to work for it. Feel the blood and sweat on my fingertips. That’s what I want for me” ~Madonna


Till then, ciao!


P/s Please please share your blog link with me here! Thanks a bunch!

0 Comments:

 

Copyright © Balqiz 2012 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.