NO MOTHER’S DAY!


Mother’s Day is coming soon and as a new mother, I am NOT CELEBRATING MOTHER’S DAY.

I am celebrating NO MOTHER’S DAY.


So, on Mother’s Day, I won’t be accepting calls or emails or updating my Twitter or Facebook or text or Whatsapp or blogging.

On 13th Mei, I choose to go silence, receive no gifts or giving out gifts. My absence is my way of showing everyone around me, how mothers are missed when she is gone.

Join me to raise awareness about girls and women who die each year during pregnancy and childbirth.

Our silence is our loudest voice ever.

Whether you are a mother or you just love one, you can educate people about this issue and help prevent it. Here are some important facts about maternal health around the world.

1. Approximately 358,000 women die each year due to complications in pregnancy and childbirth. That's one woman every 90 seconds.

2. For every woman who dies each year in childbirth, 20-30 more suffer from lifelong debilitating disabilities.

3. Pregnancy is the number one cause of death in women, ages 15-19, in the developing world. Nearly 70,000 young women die every year because their bodies are not ready for parenthood.

4. Over 200 million women who would like to choose when they get pregnant don’t have access to family planning.

5. The United States ranks 50th globally in maternal mortality, even though it spends more on health care per capita than any other nation in the world. African American women are four times more likely to die in childbirth than Caucasian women.

Almost all of these deaths are preventable. To learn more, visit everymothercounts.org






 

0 Comments:

 

Copyright © Balqiz 2012 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.