Honeymoon?


My husband and I, believe it or not, haven't had our honeymoon yet.

As soon as we got married, we had to move into a new house. The house move took our time, energy and our entire saving. Then we went to KL, Johor and Singapore -with my whole family. Then I got pregnant and the whole vacation/traveling bug came to an abrupt halt.

Then recently, we went to Singapore for a little getaway but when you bring a baby who WAS TEETHING LOUDLY, one week felt like a million years. We came home and badly in need of another vacation from that vacation.

Our wedding anniversary is coming up and when I asked my husband what's the plan, he wistfully said he wanted to go somewhere with me, just the two of us. Aww... That's so sweet.

Wait. What? Just the two of us? What about our son?

Since Kaisan was born until now, I have not spent one night without him. Despite him being a handful, I cannot for the life of me imagine being away from him. How can I sleep at night knowing he's crying somewhere looking for me? Or worst... What if he can't remember me after being away from him for so long? ARGH!!!

This clingy mom also has another reason for not leaving her little bundle of terror -breastfeeding. I am not going to lug around a breast pump to a resort and spend most of my time pumping at the beach's changing room. And what am I going to do with all the milk I pump? Feed it to the sharks? Make mocktails?

I don't know, man. This is tougher than I thought...

But I admit, we do need a time out and badly in need of a TLC.

Hmmm? Hmmm...




0 Comments:

 

Copyright © Balqiz 2012 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.